Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sheriff Bostrom: You Fulfilled Andrew "Buttinski" Henderson's Data Request - But You're Still Illegally Withholding My Data (Evidence Of Abuse Of Power, Right?) From Me, Aren't You?


Ramsey County Sheriff Matt "The Spoliator" Bostrom: You gave Andrew "Buttinski" Henderson of Little Canada the data from the abuse of power exhibited by the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department, didn't you? But you didn't give me mine, did you?



The experience shocked me. A simple request was being met with such force and defiance. I couldn’t fathom why the clerks were unfamiliar with the Minnesota Data Practices Act, which requires law enforcement to release basic information about the time, location and address of a police call, among other information. It’s basic protocol followed by other agencies across the metro. I wasn’t trying to trick anyone into giving me something they shouldn’t.

Sure, I had a personal stake in the outcome of Friday’s encounter (I had a story to write), but I wondered: What does this say about greater transparency within the department? How often are others incorrectly told they can’t get access to state-mandated public information? I’m a journalist; I’ll just stick around long after it’s obvious I’m being rebuffed by people who openly and intensely dislike me. But how many ordinary citizens would just give up?

First-person: Sheriff's clerk refuses to hand over public records. Posted by: James Eli Shiffer under Public records Updated: September 3, 2013 - 4:50 PM. By Chao Xiong, the Star Tribune's Ramsey County courts reporter



Sheriff Bostrom: That means I going to start making all sorts of phone calls to important people, doesn't it?


"I think that what (the deputies) felt was you were interfering with someone's privacy that was having a medical mental health breakdown," Eggers said, as heard on another recording Henderson made. "They felt like you were being a 'buttinski' by getting that camera in there and partially recording what was going on in a situation that you were not directly involved in." He suggested that Henderson should "have a little respect" for people's privacy. Little Canada man videotaped sheriff's deputies, and got charged for it. By Emily Gurnon. pioneerpress.com. Posted: 01/08/2013 12:01:00 AM CST.


Sheriff Bostrom: I'm going to record all those phone calls to important people, aren't I?



Sheriff Bostrom: And then I'm going to upload each and every one of those recorded phone calls of important people, aren't I?














More to come ...


See Previous Posts:

Sheriff Bostrom: You're Still Illegally Withholding My Public Data For Andrew Joseph Henderson, Aren't You?

State of Minnesota vs ANDREW JOSEPH HENDERSON - Case No. 62SU-CR-12-4910: 09/09/2013 Jury Trial - Head Kangaroo: D. Alshouse?

State of Minnesota vs ANDREW JOSEPH HENDERSON - Case No. 62SU-CR-12-4910: Now 11/12/2013 Jury Trial - Head Kangaroo: D. Alshouse?

State of Minnesota vs ANDREW JOSEPH HENDERSON - Case No. 62SU-CR-12-4910: Judge Steamrolls Over Frivolous ACLU Defense?

State of Minnesota vs ANDREW JOSEPH HENDERSON - Case No. 62SU-CR-12-4910

Internal Affairs Complaint VS Ramsey Co.'s Randall Gustafson - Contemptuous Attitude?

Will Ramsey County Deputies Charge Andrew "Buttinski" Henderson For Giving A Deputy "The Bird" ... AKA "The Finger"?